Mayada, Daughter of Iraq: One Woman's Survival Under Saddam Hussein
by Jean Sasson
Original Price $7.00
Current Price $2.59
A member of one of the most distinguished and honored families in Iraq, Mayada grew up surrounded by wealth and royalty. But when Saddam Hussein's regime took power, she was thrown into cell 52 in the infamous Baladiyat prison with seventeen other nameless, faceless women from all walks of life. To ease their suffering, these "shadow women" passed each day by sharing their life stories. Now, through Jean Sasson, Mayada is finally able to tell her story--and theirs--to the world.
- This book's edges have obvious foxed spots.
- Apart from the visible brown foxed spots - the overall condition is good!
- All books listed do not have annotations on reading pages, loose pages, water stains, and broken spines
- Some may have names or short messages written on the flyleaf of the book
- 100% refund if we fail to meet your expecations - no question asked.
(Sample image only)