Revolution: Faces of Change
by John Miller
Original Price $7.00
Current Price $4.55
Revolution: Faces of Change collects 25 portraits of charismatic leaders -- the revolutionaries -- who insisted on change in the face of oppression; who persevered through ridicule, conflict, and often violent opposition; and whose human spirit has kept their legends alive. Here are the photographs and stories of heroes and martyrs, from Che Guevara to Nelson Mandela, from Malcolm X to Aung San Suu Kyi, who were and are willing to sacrifice their lives for what they believe. To accompany each portrait, the editors have selected works by eminent, sympathetic writers -- many of whom have known their subjects personally -- that communicate the presence of the revolutionary spirit. They include Pico Iyer on the Dalai Lama, Peter Matthiessen on Cesar Chavez, Andre Brink on Nelson Mandela, Ariel Dorfman on Salvador Allende, Gabriel Garcia Marquez on Fidel Castro, and Alma Guillermoprieto on Subcommandante Marcos.
- This book's edges have obvious foxed spots.
- Apart from the visible brown foxed spots - the overall condition is good!
- All books listed do not have annotations on reading pages, loose pages, water stains, and broken spines
- Some may have names or short messages written on the flyleaf of the book
- 100% refund if we fail to meet your expecations - no question asked.
(Sample image only)