Join Our Bookstore Volunteer Team!
Are you passionate about books and education? Do you love the smell of fresh pages and the joy of discovering new stories? We are excited to invite you to become a valuable part of our bookstore volunteer team!
As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to engage with fellow bookworms, support our dedicated staff, and help build a community with people who are just as passionate as you are. More importantly, you’ll also help us reduce overheads so we can continue to raise money for girls' education.
To join our team, please fill in the form below with your contact details and availability. We will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible. Together, we can create a world where everyone can be a reader and leader.
Apply here: https://booksbeyondborders.typeform.com/to/ppAo5yFd
Role & Responsibilities
- Greet customers in a polite a friendly manner
- Inform customers about current and upcoming sales and events
- Recommend and help locate books according to customers’ needs
- Discuss Books Beyond Borders’ mission and how it operates to customers and donors
- Accept or decline book donations based on donation guidelines
- Sort books according to condition and genre
- Price new books according to type and condition
- Restock books on shelves according to genre
- Collect cash and digital payments for books sold
- Count cash received at the end of the shift
- Assist staff with inventory when necessary
- Tidy shop and bathroom; vacuum as needed
- Handle cash register
- Use Google Sheets to record book sales
- Join a Telegram group for team communication
- Use an online scheduling platform to log shifts
- Enjoy talking to customers
- Reliable weekly attendance
- Reader who can recommend books to customers preferred
- Able to lift 10kg boxes of books (with assistance, if needed)
- Able to bend down to sort and reshelve books
We are looking for volunteers who can commit to one or more shifts per week for at least 3 months. There will be two shifts, from 10:30 to 3:30 pm and 3:00-8:15 pm, Monday to Sunday. We will match you with a day and time that suits your needs, based on availability.
We plan to open our new bookstore on July 1st. We are hoping to find volunteers who can start around July 15th. We understand that the summer is a busy time and many people take holidays. For this reason, we are accepting applications from volunteers who can start any time between June 25th and September 1st.
33 Erskine Road
Applicants will receive an email on or before June 12th letting them know if we think you are a good fit for the Bookstore Assistant Volunteer role. Volunteers whose applications are a suitable match for the role will be asked to speak with the Volunteer Manager for a 20-minute Zoom interview from June 12th to June 15th.
Volunteers who pass the interview will be invited to attend an orientation session on Saturday, June 17th from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm at our Book Barracks, 41 Jalan Pemimpin #03-01E, Kong Beng Industrial Building. If you are not able to attend in person, we can provide a recording of the session.
How to Apply
Apply here: https://booksbeyondborders.typeform.com/to/lVh2XCCM
If you have any questions, contact our volunteer manager, Stephanie Kolentsis at +65 9358-6217 or email@example.com.